Sunday, May 18, 2008

DC...our second home!

Washington, DC has always been like home to Ben and I. Although I LOVE the South (born and raised in South Carolina and PROUD of it), I'll always have a special place in my heart for DC.
My best friends Erin, Kera, and Christina finally talked me into crossing the Mason Dixon Line 6 years ago, and it's a decision I have never regretted!
I lived there for 4 fabulous years after college and it was truly some of the best years of my life!
DC is where Ben and I met and it's where Ben's family lives (Laurel, MD).
Needless to say, I met some amazing people in DC who I'm truly honored to call friends.
Fortunately, at the rate that all of our friends are hopping on the Marriage wagon, it doesn't really give Ben and I too much time to be home sick for the DC Gang! ha ha
By the end of this year Ben and I will have traveled to DC 9 times for various Weddings, graduations, Bachelorette Parties, and Showers!
Yes...9 times!
Our latest trips to DC have been back to back weekends in May.
May 10th was the wedding of Ben's Virginia Tech friend Becky!!

They had a beautiful Ceremony and reception in Arlington, VA and Ben and I had a blast hanging with our friends. Check out the pics below


The gang at the reception...Kristen, Ben, Ryan, Kate, and Kayte


The bride and groom...Becky and Stan

Even Ardy...the ultimate Wedding Crasher made and appearance

Sunday May 11th, we spent Mother's Day with Ben's parents in Laurel. They took us to Brighton Dam to see the Azaleas

No comments:

Post a Comment