Monday, August 11, 2008

A "Heroic" Weekend!!!

This weekend was a lot of fun and very chill! It was exactly what Ben and I needed after all the crazy traveling we've been doing! Once Labor Day comes it's going to be pretty busy for the rest of the year, so our three free weekends in August are going to be dedicated to some quality R&R and hanging with our ATL friends!

Friday night Ben and I went to dinner with our next door neighbors Jared and Melanie! They are a very fun couple and we had a great time. We went to this awesome BBQ Joint/Bar in Downtown Roswell called Swallow the Hollow...
http://www.theswallowatthehollow.com/

We didn't stay long enough to hear the live music so I can't wait to go back there another night! It's supposed to have great performers with surprise celeb appearances by Brad Paisley and Trace Adkins !

After dinner, we headed back to our house to catch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics! It was AMAZING!!! Watching all those Olympic Heroes really got me emotional!!!

Saturday Ben and I got up early to run some errands and then went to Roswell Park for a run. It was a beautiful day, and we definitely felt like heroes after finishing the 5K course and then walking an extra 1.25 miles to cool down!

Saturday night Ben and I had our date night. Ben had a great idea for the "perfect date night" and had been researching the restaurant and bar that we went to. Both got rave reviews from his friends, and I'm happy to report they were right.
We started the night by going to an amazing Thai restaurant downtown called Tamarind Seed.
It was YUM to the max! I had baked grouper topped with Minced Shrimp and Ben had a noodle dish with chicken and broccoli. I could have licked my plate but I refrained ha ha!
They sat us outside where the weather was perfect!
http://www.tamarindseed.com/

After dinner we headed to Shout, which is a restaurant/bar next door to Tamarind Seed.
http://www.heretoserverestaurants.com/
They have a great rooftop bar area, so Ben and I hung around there and had a couple of drinks.
By the way, their Peach Mojitos are to die for!

Funny story though....Ben and I had just ordered our second drink, when we were invaded by Lasquishas....I'm not even joking about this!!! When we arrived, we found a corner of the bar to sit and chat while we had drinks, however there was an open bench right across from us. All of the sudden a "cheerleader reunion" had taken over the bench and there were 20 Lasquishas surrounding us doing cheers...If you could have seen this random white couple in the middle of this you would have cried laughing!!! We got up and left while the ladies apologized...but I wasn't upset at all. Our waiter and the other people at the bar felt bad for us though...within 5 minutes they had placed us at another table. It really wasn't a big deal to me though.... Coming from a loud group of college friends I understand obnoxious people!
It definitely didn't damper our date night!

Sunday Ben and I headed to the gym and then went to see the Dark Knight in IMAX. That was on the best action hero movies I've seen in forever!
We finished the night with dinner and wine on our deck!

Hope everyone else had a fab weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment