Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Wild Wedding Weekend

Bike rally at Dulles...still don't know how we got caught in the middle of it!
Ben trying to steal a piece of wedding cake
Ben doing the Hokie Pokie with the rest of the VT grads
Kevin, Jen, and Ben
Ryan, Kevin and Ben
Me and my two boys...Ben and Ryan


This weekend Ben and I packed our bags and headed off to DC for Kevin and Jen's wedding.
Did I mention that this is my 9th trip to DC this year and Ben's 6th...when Ben and I head up for Thanksgiving with Ben's family, that will be an even 10 trips for me this year. Can you believe it? I should have bought a time share!

Kevin and Jen are good friends of Ben's from back in his Virginia Tech days!!! Ben roomed with Kevin his senior year, and he lived on the same floor as Jen his freshman year. Kevin and Jen met at Virgina Tech and have been together since. Ben and I are very happy for them and were honored to be there for the celebration! Check out all the pics above!

Ben and I arrived on Friday night and were picked up by Ryan and Kayte. We then headed out to Murphy's in Old Town Alexandria where we met up with my good friend Christina. We ended up staying out pretty late and running Ryan's bar tab through the roof! Thanks Ryan!

Saturday we were up early (well if you call 10am early) and then headed over to Tyson's Corner to have lunch with my girl Jackie D and her hubby Todd.
After lunch, we changed at the hotel and then headed to the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony. The reception was held at the Westwood Country Club. It was so much fun. Ben, Ryan, and I danced the night away!!!

Sunday we were up early again (this time at 9am haha) and headed to the airport for our 12:30pm flight. But just as we were about to enter the airport, traffic was stopped by police to let a bike rally through. It was the craziest thing...about a million bikes drove the loop around the airport. Very interesting that we were caught right in the middle of it.

Anyways, Ben and I got to the airport and even sacrificed ourselves to a later flight. Ours was overbooked. We each got a $200 voucher for Delta air, and an upgrade to first class for the ride home. It worked out perfect for us because we got to watch the Redskins game.

Very fun weekend indeed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment