Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Day of Firsts!!!



Yesterday happened to be a day of firsts in the Sullivan house....

Tuesday marked my first day "back in school"!
After a lot of thought about my career goals, I have decided to sit for my PHR (Professional in Human Resources) certification in December. I definitely work best in a group study atmosphere, so I've enrolled in a prep course at Kennesaw State University. I'm very excited about it, but yesterday's class was definitely an eye opener! I have 6 books to get through in 10 weeks...AHHHH!!! Everyone please feel free to encourage me along the way. I think I'm going to need it!


Now, don't laugh at my other "first"...but it was so delicious I thought it deserved a shout out!

Yesterday, also marked the first day I've cooked a complete meal in my crock pot! I've made some great side dishes and appetizers in the past, but never an entire meal.
Last night I made chicken and sausage jumbalaya in my slow cooker! Ben LOVED it!!!

Send me an email or comment if you want the recipe. It was simple and easy...all you do is throw the ingredients in the pot in the morning and when you get home from work it's ready to eat. I'll definitely be taking advantage of my crock pot more often!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on school! And yes, crock-pots are the best friends of moms of young kids (like me.) I'll have to share my pulled-pork bbq recipe with you. Super easy and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete