Monday, September 8, 2008

Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives!!!




This post sums up our fun weekend in Atlanta, and is honor of one my most fave shows on the Food Network!!!

Friday night Ben and I headed over to the Starlight Drive-In in Downtown Atlanta. It's an authentic 1960's drive in, where you can tailgate before the movie starts... But instead of staying in our cars to listen to the movie on the radio, Colin and Will hooked up their big speakers to the car so that we could all sit outside in lounge chairs to watch the show! We got there around 7:30 and met up with Kim, Will, Colin, Kirby and Amanda.

I brought a TON of leftovers from our Thursday night football bash, and Colin warmed up our pizza on his portable grill! It was a great night and we watched the 9pm showing of Traitor (new movie with Don Cheadle). I fell asleep during the movie (happens when you've had too much wine and pizza), but Ben said that I hadn't missed much. Apparently, not a good flick!
Saturday I headed to the gym and then to my next door neighbor Melanie's baby shower. She's due in November and they are keeping the sex of the baby a surprise.
As soon as I got home, Ben and I went to a new Indian place down the street for dinner. We had a great dinner and will DEF be hitting up India Chef again soon http://www.indiachefatlanta.com/. After dinner it was off to El Azteca to meet up with Grace and John and Amanda for margaritas. Around 9pm the group moved to our kickball sponsor bar (and great dive bar) Charlie Mopps for our Kball End of Season Party.
Sunday, Ben and I met up with Steph and Pat for an amazing Brunch at the Peachtree Diner. Ben and I can walk there from our house and it's such great food!
Steph and I then hit up Filene's basement and laid out by the pool.
Last night, I studied for class and Ben made us an amazing dinner.
Hope everyone had a great weekend too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment