Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Love Me Some Savannah!!!

Me and the Paula Deen cutout!! Looks like she's there with me doesn't it?
Some of my coworkers and I outside of the Pirate House restaurant...we are saying Arrrgggg
(notice the to go cups...love the "no open container" law)


So after Ben dropped me off at the airport on Sunday, I hopped on flight to Savannah for my company's quarterly Divisional Meeting!
We had so much fun! I love going to work meetings because everyone is at one place at the same time and it's not "all" business...my VP always makes time for play too!

Sunday night some of my coworkers and I went to One-Eyed Lizzy's on the Riverfront to watch Football.
Monday we spent most of the day in meetings, but spent the afternoon volunteering at the local shelter! Very happy that we were able to help out the Savannah City Mission!
Monday night was our "crazy fun" night in downtown Savannah! We had a blast hitting up Wild Wings and The Bar Bar!!! (yes, that's two bars and not a typo..haha)


Tuesday night was a recovery night, but Wednesday we did a ghost tour around Savannah, then went to Paula Deen's restaurant for dinner! The restaurant is called The Lady and Sons...and it was HEAVEN!!!
http://www.ladyandsons.com/

We had the buffet so my dinner consisted of Peppered Steak, Mashed potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Collard Greens (I do NOT like Collards but these were out of this world), Vegetable Casserole, and the best biscuit ever made! For dessert I had to try the Banana pudding. But although PD does make a good Banana Pudding, my Mom's is still the best!


After dinner we got "to go cups" (there is no open container law in Savannah...how great is that) and walked to the riverfront. There we hit up a couple of other bars! My favorite bar was one (and I can't remember the name of it) that had $1 ship shots. Everytime a ship went down the river you got a shot for a dollar. HOLLER for that!
To top it off... the guy that was playing onstage invited me to come up and sing with him. I belted "Sweet Home Alabama" in front of all of my coworkers...and my VP took pictures. hahahaha!

I had a such a good time in Savannah and I cannot wait to go back with Ben and maybe a group of friends! I know he's going to love it....can anyone say St. Patty's weekend????

Thursday morning I got up bright and early to catch a flight to Sarasota! Ben and I had a long planned MBA Reunion weekend with some of our closest friends...and I couldn't wait to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment